169th Tank Brigade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
169th Tank Brigade

169th Tank Brigade is a Realism unit playing Red Orchestra.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Big pain in the arse

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
[169]-Dominik
Ryadovoy
[169]-Dominik

Big pain in the arse Empty
PostSubject: Big pain in the arse   Big pain in the arse Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 7:57 pm

guys this morning i tried to boot up my pc, it ran fine got to the account selection (its winxp) and then froze, keyboard mouse everything. so i turned it off and then back on and now the only thing thats happening is all the fans are running at full speed and im getting no display, i cleaned my processor, swapped power supply, checked over the mobo for visible damage which there is none, checked over my gfx card, i even tried the onboard gfx but still doing the same thing.

im out of ideas and running low on patience, anyone ever hear about an issue like this?
Back to top Go down
[169]-Sergei
Efreitor
[169]-Sergei

PostSubject: Re: Big pain in the arse   Big pain in the arse Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 8:25 pm

So you don't even get the mobo boot screen? Tried swapping out RAM? (NO you donlt need more RAM)
Back to top Go down
[169]-Dominik
Ryadovoy
[169]-Dominik

PostSubject: Re: Big pain in the arse   Big pain in the arse Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 8:58 pm

i get nothing, no bios. and i have tried swapping ram, i even tried different combinations of it in each of the 4 slots but didnt help it any. i was thinking along the lines of a fried mobo or cpu but the mobo doesnt have any burn spots on it and it doesnt smell burnt, neither does the cpu.

btw the specs are:

amd athlon 64 processor 3700+
2.2ghz 1mb L2 cache
1gig ram
ati radeon hd 2600 xt gfxcard
Back to top Go down
[169]-Luchan
Mladshiy Leitenant
[169]-Luchan

PostSubject: Re: Big pain in the arse   Big pain in the arse Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 9:10 pm

That's happened to me before. My power supply apparently was giving power only to the Fans and nothing else. My computer didn't even start.
I replaced the power supply and checked the outlet which it goes in and everything worked again..

Course , two months later, everything fried and had to buy a new computer -.-
Back to top Go down
[169]-Sergei
Efreitor
[169]-Sergei

PostSubject: Re: Big pain in the arse   Big pain in the arse Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 10:00 pm

Yeah, sounds like a mobo problem, as you said you swapped PSUs already.
Back to top Go down
[169]-Dominik
Ryadovoy
[169]-Dominik

PostSubject: Re: Big pain in the arse   Big pain in the arse Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 9:59 pm

yup well im gonna be out of commision for a while guys, moneys tight and i'd rather buy a new computer instead of replacinng the pain in the ass parts on my old one.

but yea now im running with a classic!

Hewlitt Packard Brio
Intel pent 3 processor
651mhz 128 mb ram

its a dinosaur so yea, no gaming for me for a while.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big pain in the arse   Big pain in the arse Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Big pain in the arse
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
169th Tank Brigade :: General/Public :: PC issues-
Jump to: