169th Tank Brigade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
169th Tank Brigade

169th Tank Brigade is a Realism unit playing Red Orchestra.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sergei's list of tips

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
[169]-Sergei
Efreitor
[169]-Sergei

Sergei's list of tips Empty
PostSubject: Sergei's list of tips   Sergei's list of tips Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 2:58 pm

With a couple new guys comin' in I thought that I might put down some notes that I recalled from back in the 181st days:

1. Keep the comms clear in game and in Teamspeak. It is hard enough to deal with the Germans, having nonessential text or chatter coming in over things the commanders need to hear complicates things. You an feel free to talk, just do it in a private whisper or use the in game vehicle chat.

2. Some helpful radio etiquette, when some one (usually a CO or a Scout) starts yelling "BREAK! BREAK!" that is how they try to clear the comms to relay their reports or orders. When you hear BREAK, remember to hold the current talk to hear what the officers are saying. (If you are an officer, use break and not "SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP!" Please.)

3. When calling out a spot report, contact report, or just relaying info/orders, first way who is doing the talking then say who your are talking to and your message. For example, if I were to be responding to Yaro's orders (with comments, suggestions, or complaints Wink ) I would say something like: "This is Gold 1 to Black 6, your plans are shit and here's why..." So, if the first part of my message gets garbled, Yaro might not hear who is talking (although he would probably recognize the voice), but he at least knows that I am addressing HIM.

4. Don't forget your drivers can't hear channel commanders! This one is pretty simple, but often can be pretty bad. Sometimes a TC may forget that he is the liason for his WHOLE tank to the outside world. Keep your driver and gunner (if you have one) in the loop.

5. Do radio checks, and do them BEFORE the match. Nothing sucks more than being out of radio contact while being shot at, except of course being out of radio contact and being shot at WHILE someone calls out "Can you hear me now?" If you need help, or have any questions at all, go ahead and ask. We are all in it together out there and will gladly help out a comrade.

6. DO NOT TYPE IN PUBLIC CHAT. Probably one of the most important tips, typing in public chat can accidentally start matches. The "Ready up" messages can be triggered by anyone, so don't risk it, if anyone types ready, the shit will hit the fan. Hard.

7. Finally, stay calm, cool, and have fun! TS lets us socialize much more easily and to coordinate more easily. Get a mic and use it! RO becomes almost a whole new game with good comms and teamwork. Which is why we are so bad ass! pirat

8. After Action Reports? Vas is das? Well, and AAR is an official report you file after a battle or scrim that hold your personal account of the battle. For members, you should post in the thread that Yaro or some other leader will make in the Announcements from Brigade HQ Forum. Recruits do it in the Recruits section. IN this report, you should put in who you are, what you were (infantry tanker, scout) and a description of what you did. Some people keep it simple, others like to make it detailed and in depth. Both are fine, just be sure to separate your rounds (if we do multiple) and include a "Kill Tally" for each round so that COs can at-a-glance look at your kills and deaths. You don't have to be super-professional about it, but it should have SOME semblance of order.Here is an example:

[169]-Sergei wrote:
Gold 1 "Hellrider" - Efr.Sergei TC and Ryd.Petrenko Driver

Mounted up in T-34/76 as Black 6's wing man and after enjoying a fine round of drinks as we let the ramshackle band of Germans prepare for our attack, we moved up on the right flank. Bounding over watch got us to the ridge line overlooking the AT bunker. After a fabulous spot report from out trusty comrades with the binoculars and sneaks, Gold 1 crested the ridge and began HE bombardment. Due to an unfortunate malfunction of the gunnery sights, our HE rounds were less accurate than would have been desired. We successfully red misted at least one of the krauts however their commanding officer cowardly called down off site artillery that hit us with supernatural speed and precision. Gold 1 had almost made it out of the field of bombardment when a lucky shell landed right on us. Petrenko and I then left the server as we awoke moments later in the German lines.

Round 1 - T34/76

1 Confirmed Infantry kill (Thanks Boro)
1 Death (Thanks superawesomemajikgermanarty)

Last edited by [169]-Sergei on Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
[169]-Zakhar
Ryadovoy
[169]-Zakhar

PostSubject: Re: Sergei's list of tips   Sergei's list of tips Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 3:33 pm

[169]-Sergei wrote:
(with comments, suggestions, or compliance Wink ) I would say something like: "This is Gold 1 to Black 6, your plans are shit and here's why...

What? do you mean complaints?
Back to top Go down
[169]-Sergei
Efreitor
[169]-Sergei

PostSubject: Re: Sergei's list of tips   Sergei's list of tips Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 5:53 pm

Yeah, fixed the typo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sergei's list of tips   Sergei's list of tips Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sergei's list of tips
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
169th Tank Brigade :: Recruitment :: Communications-
Jump to: